Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On Sunday we talked about how God is for us and ahead of us.  The concept that The All-in-All is not about judging or finding fault, but is actually actively for us is one that will change our lives.
Having been raised in a faith that emphasized that I was being watched and when I did something 'bad' there would be punishment maybe even banishment to hell, the idea that God was actually for me, supporting me, sourcing me to fulfill my desires, blew my mind.   The knowing that Spirit is always with me and that I can't not end up with and live in Oneness with the Divine has changed my core beliefs and my life.   It took me a while to accept it, but since I have, life has been that great adventure others talk about instead of the fear laden movement to a possible really unhappy ending.

Rob Bell shared a definition of blessing I had not heard before but like a lot. Blessing actually means, "God is for you."  God is for me, oh yes!

Spirit is also ahead of me.  That next great idea that takes me further on the journey to living my highest and best is Spirit calling me forward.  Rob shared several stories from the Bible to show that Yahweh was meeting the people where they were at the moment and calling them forward. 

One was a scripture that others quote as being barbaric.  It talks about the spoils of war, especially women.  The scripture is telling how they must be treated as people and taken into the household after they have had a time of mourning to have the status of wife.  At the time, a woman taken as part of the spoils of war was slave/property with no standing, no rights and no hope.  This was calling for the humane treatment of all people.  In other words, this was a call to see the Oneness, the value, the proper treatment in and for all.

We as individuals and as communities and nations are ever being given new ideas of how to live our lives with more awareness and expression of the Oneness of All.   Spirit is ahead of us calling us to More.   We know that we must first be the change we want to see.   So, what new idea is percolating within you?  What must you release, embrace, become for the full expression of your highest and best?

The above questions are taken from the Visioning process.  We will be doing that and talking about the Louisville Center for Spiritual Living on Saturday from 9 AM to Noon here in Jeffersonville, come join us. 

Shalom - Peace, wholeness and well-being, for you and yours.
  
Much love,

Rev.  Carolyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment